“Missile” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Netanyahu warns foes after Israeli retaliatory strikes in Syria →
Last month, five Iran-backed fighters were killed in an Israeli missile strike south of Damascus, according to Britain-based monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
The Japan Times
· Japan starts discussions on ways to stop missiles in other countries →
The government Tuesday started full-fledged discussions on ways to counter ballistic missiles after receiving a proposal from a group of ruling party lawmakers urging it to consider acquiring the capability to defeat such projectiles even in the territory of an opponent.
· World War 3: US strike on North Korea to trigger ‘worst mass killing in history’ →
This is because if Trump forced a missile strike, then the North would likely retaliate in suicidal fashion, resulting in the deaths of millions within the North and nearby countries, according to Mr Dowden.
· Family tells AP: Iran abducted California man while in Dubai →
However, over the last year, a series of escalating incidents have shaken the wider Mideast, leading to a U.S. drone strike in January that killed a top Iranian general in Baghdad and an Iranian ballistic missile attack that injured dozens of American soldiers in Iraq.
· First Thing: the Manhattan DA is going after Trump's tax returns →
North Korea has ‘probably developed’ miniature nuclear devices to fit in the warheads of its ballistic missiles, several other countries believe, according to a confidential UN report.
· Rare Earth Elements: India’s critical strategic deficiencies and China's dominance - Problems and Solutions →
REPMs are also critical for almost all green energy applications and manufacture of critical defence equipment like missiles, rockets, guidance systems, and aircraft.
· Confidential UN report points to Kim's miniaturised nuclear devices →
In 2017 North Korea launched an intermediate-range missile, which flew over Japan.Credit:AP
· North Korea has ‘probably’ created nuclear devices for ballistic missiles –SHOCK UN report →
The international body has been sanctioning North Korea since 2006 over its nuclear and ballistic missile activities.
· Yonhap News Summary →
SEOUL -- South Korea is closely monitoring North Korea's nuclear and missile activities, the defense ministry said Tuesday, following a media report that Pyongyang appears to have developed miniaturized nuclear devices.