|case of mistaken||間違った場合|
· A Nation Without Law, Order, or Justice →
Just as his supporters mistake cruelty for honesty and bluster for courage, Trump has mistaken bloodlust for leadership.
· Watch: The Vox Book Club talks The Secret History’s class politics with Nicole Cliffe →
And the bit about Richard’s silence being mistaken for depth is the inverse of Nick Caraway, his comment that his approachability always makes people tell him things and he wishes they wouldn’t in The Great Gatsby.
The Japan Times
· Troubling trends demand that Japan take action at sea →
As in the North Korean case, mistaken assumptions can be as destabilizing as trend lines.
The New York Times
· Amsterdam’s Red Light Zone Stays Shut as Rest of City Edges Open →
She feared that would out her as a sex worker, and potentially prompt local officials to evict her from her home, on the — mistaken — assumption that she uses her apartment as an unlicensed brothel.
· Which football team has been the quickest to take a 2-0 lead? →
He would go on playing of the Brazilian first division for another year and a half.” And … “If I’m not mistaken,” Chris Willis began, tentatively, “former Gillingham (and everyone else) goalkeeper Simon Royce became a grandfather while playing for Gillingham.
· Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Presents at Bank of America Securities Global Technology Conference (Transcript) →
You know, if I go back in time, I think over the last, you know, seven to eight years of the last cycle, I believe the company made, I think $7 billion to $10 billion, if I'm not mistaken over that.
· Merck's (MRK) Management Presents at Oncology Event ASCO 2020 Conference (Transcript) →
Well, I think the question, Tim, if I’m not mistaken, had to do with the – isn’t the tumor environment different in metastatic versus the early stage?
· Perils for Pentagon as Trump threatens to militarise response to civil unrest →
Helicopters that could easily be mistaken for active duty US military ones staged show-of-force maneuvers in Washington above people protesting the killing of an unarmed black man George Floyd at the hands of a white police officer in Minneapolis.
The New York Times
· Was That a Firecracker or a Gunshot? Unpredictability on America’s Streets →
Fireworks exploded overhead, emitting a sound that could easily be mistaken for gunfire.
· Transcript: Keith Ellison on George Floyd's Death →
(LAUGH) If we believe that progress is guaranteed because of what we're going through, we are so sadly mistaken.