|town and municipality||町と自治体|
|village and municipality||村と自治体|
· Filipinos given money to move away from crowded Manila →
The population of the capital region, which comprises 16 cities and a municipality crammed between the Sierra Madre mountains and Manila Bay, has ballooned from about 4 million in 1970 to 13.7 million last year.
· Local governments must have a key role to fight Covid-19 →
COVID-19: Pandemics call for the intervention of public health which is the constitutional mandate of local self governments, both panchayats and municipalities in rural and urban areas respectively.
The Rio Times
· Colombia: Expulsion of Indigenous Families in Choco Department →
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - Around 1,300 people from the Embéra Dóbida community in the indigenous area of Catrú, in the municipality of Alto Baudó in the Choco department, fled their homes on May 21st either on foot or by boat.
· Meet the Press - May 31, 2020 →
But what I would say though, particularly as it relates to Bill Barr and the president, is that they have not brought a single pattern-or-practice lawsuit against a major municipality where there's systemic police abuses in America.
· Shark bounty in Satun angers environment minister →
(Photo from Chebilang Municipality Facebook account).
The China Post
· Liberal Warsaw mayor injects suspense into presidential vote →
Ruling party leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski denounced the LGBT rights movement as a threat to the Polish nation and many other Polish municipalities declared themselves “LGBT-free zones.”
The Japan Times
· 80% of mayors in Japan not on board with shift to September school year →
“The opinions of the heads of the municipalities are important,” he said.