“Need” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Boris Johnson gags medical experts to stop them discussing Dominic Cummings row →
“What has Britain done to deserve such incompetent and mendacious leadership just when it needed the opposite?”
· Pennsylvania Democratic lawmakers accuse their GOP colleagues of secretly exposing them to coronavirus →
Diamond says he made the decision to self-isolate “because I wanted to provide an example of how responsible adults can conduct their lives without the need for heavy-handed government mandates,” before claiming the real problem is that someone might erroneously be advised to quarantine:
The New York Times
· Who Should Bear the Financial Brunt of the Coronavirus in Baseball? →
He never needed one as a manager until this week, when his Tampa Bay Rays began voluntary workouts at Tropicana Field.
· Dominic Cummings: Jonathan Ross leads celebrity support for Emily Maitlis over Newsnight introduction →
This is a myth which needs debunking.”
· UK coronavirus death toll rises by 377 to 37,837 →
No hype, just the advice and analysis you need
· EU green recovery package sets a marker for the world →
Therefore [we] need a recovery plan designed for the future.”
· Moving climate up the global political agenda →
World leaders need to wake up to the looming security threats from burning fossil fuels (and forests) and start tackling them at their sources – in the first instance by setting enforceable controls on extraction of fossil fuels, akin to controls on nuclear arms.
· Casey calls for action plan to contain infection of nursing homes →
The federal government needs to provide more oversight when it comes to monitoring nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic, Sen. Robert Casey (D-Pa.) told Axios' Mike Allen Thursday during an Axios digital event.
· SpartanNash Company (SPTN) CEO Dennis Eidson on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We're also taking action in this time of great need to care for our communities through a number of charitable initiatives.