“News” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· How Wuhan is testing 6.5 million people for Coronavirus in days →
It has succeeded, according to residents and Chinese news reports, by mobilising thousands of medical and other workers and spending hundreds of millions of dollars.
· 'I prefer being physically distant. What happens if I don't want to return to normal life?' →
One day the neurologist kindly told me I’d be able to go home soon, and I ruined what should have been a good news moment by saying, “Ugh, I don’t want real life.”
· Los Angeles allows all retail businesses, houses of worship to reopen →
The number of U.S. coronavirus deaths approached 100,000, with just under 99,000 recorded early Tuesday, according to NBC News' count.
· US dollar edges higher as US, China worries resurface →
Trump's administration is considering sanctions on Chinese officials, Bloomberg News reported.
· Asada under fire for six-month delay on Bronson Xerri's drugs test result →
Meanwhile Prime Minister Scott Morrison – himself an avid Sharks fan – said he felt disappointed by the news.
· US local news stations air segments on Amazon penned by company's PR team →
The segments, which according to the news outlet Courier appeared on at least 11 local news stations, praised Amazon’s response to the coronavirus pandemic ahead of the company’s shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
· Justice Department drops insider trading investigations of three senators →
The Justice Department has closed insider trading investigations into three senators who sold off stocks following early briefings on the coronavirus, aides told NBC News.
· Serie A asks broadcasters to make final payment for this season →
Sky's chief executive Maximo Ibarra told the Ansa news agency earlier this month that it wanted to negotiate a solution with Serie A but none of its suggestions had received a response.
· Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Barely Holding On After Q1 Report →
Unfortunately, the company can’t afford any bad news at this point for a number of reasons.