· UK heatwave latest: Will YOUR area reach 37C? Latest weather maps →
“From Thursday temperatures will be in the low- to mid-20s for Northern Ireland, Scotland and North Wales, but it will be much warmer across southern and central areas, with temperatures widely reaching around 30C, possibly 32C in the southeast of England.
· Islamophobia surges amid lockdown warn civic leaders in North of England →
Tell MAMA, the monitoring group, said it had seen a 40% increase year-on-year in online Islamophobia during lockdown – to about 150 reports a week – and had received reports of friction between communities in northern England since last week.
· Ex-Googler Levandowski gets 18 months in prison for trade-secret theft →
Levandowski's lawyers last week asked a judge in US District Court for the Northern District of California to let him off without any prison time, arguing that a year of home confinement, a fine, restitution, and community service would be sufficient punishment.
· Keith Gillespie to play for new team dedicated to helping people with mental health issues →
That has changed in the last week, however, with the former Manchester United and Northern Ireland winger taking part in two pre-season sessions after coming out of retirement for a historic football venture.
· John Hume funeral: Tributes paid to Northern Irish hero who ‘never lost faith in peace’ →
Among the dignitaries were Ireland’s president, Michael D Higgins, Taoiseach Micheal Martin, Northern Ireland‘s first minister, Arlene Foster, and deputy first minister, Michelle O’Neill.
· Isaias spawned a tornado that destroyed a Maryland woman’s home. One thing helped save her life. →
Northern North Carolina, the Virginia Tidewater, the Delmarva Peninsula and coastal New Jersey were among the hardest hit.
· A sinister Sarah Paulson joins the cuckoo’s nest in Ratched trailer →
In 1947, Mildred arrives in Northern California to seek employment at a leading psychiatric hospital where new and unsettling experiments have begun on the human mind.
· Nigel Weiss obituary →
He explored occupied Vienna by himself at age 15 and two years later worked for the Hudson Bay Company in northern Canada.
· Laura Whitmore defends appearance on British Army podcast, saying she was not ‘trying to recruit people’ →
Some critics also expressed their confusion that immediately following her social media posts about her appearance on the podcast, Whitmore shared a tribute to John Hume, the late Northern Irish politician who won a Nobel Peace Prize and helped to bring about the end to the Troubles.
· Fortnite Coral Buddies Enter the Nuclear Age secret challenge SOLVED with map locations →
The second of this week's Coral Buddies challenge is titled Enter the Nuclear Age, and can be found in the northern part of the map.