· 'I had the coronavirus vaccine three weeks ago. This is what to expect if you sign up' →
My nostalgia quickly evaporated as a nurse started talking about how the vaccines given to the rhesus macaques; I salute the monkey's sacrifices for medical science but the serene ‘guinea pig’ image in my head was now well and truly gone.
· The 100 greatest UK No 1s: 100-5 →
It won’t be too much of a spoiler to reveal that this is the only No 1 single in this list that concerns how the brutally uncaring nature of new technology can paradoxically deepen nostalgia while rendering the past irrelevant.
· The cult of Paul Mescal proves it – lockdown has pushed us towards new levels of thirst for celebrities →
We’re yearning for nostalgia, comfort, and we can certainly make room for the carbs as there are undoubtedly not going to be any trips to Marbs.
· Living in the past: lifestyles from bygone eras →
Growing numbers of people are turning back the hands of time, drawn by a retro aesthetic and a comforting sense of nostalgia
· What the Mashable Staff bought in May →
Right now, nostalgia brings a lot of comfort, and it's always great to support talented artists if you can.
· Closing The Stud in San Francisco means losing a queer community space, not just a gay bar →
I don’t mean to sound like a dyspeptic nostalgia queen who believes that all the good times exist only in the rear view: Whew, back in the day, child, we had fun.
The New York Times
· What’s on TV Sunday: ‘Quiz’ and ‘The Vast of Night’ →
If the documentary leaves you wanting more counterculture nostalgia, revisit songs like “Big Yellow Taxi,” “Our House,” and “Twelve Thirty (Young Girls Are Coming to the Canyon).”
The New York Times
· SpaceX Lifts NASA Astronauts to Orbit, Launching New Era of Spaceflight →
It was a moment of triumph and perhaps nostalgia for the country, a welcome reminder of America’s global pre-eminence in science, technological innovation and private enterprise at a time its prospects and ambitions have been clouded by the coronavirus pandemic, economic uncertainty and political strife.
· The Best Fashion Instagrams of the Week: Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, and More →
The era of nostalgia is still going strong.