The New York Times
· ‘They’re Just Doing Whatever They Want.’ Few Masks Are Seen as Beach Town Reopens. →
As businesses in the Maryland town of Ocean City try to enforce mask wearing, they are finding some visitors unwilling to comply.
The New York Times
· SpaceX Lifts NASA Astronauts to Orbit, Launching New Era of Spaceflight →
Usually, the first stage of a rocket, also known as a booster, falls into the ocean, becoming trash after just one use.
· SpaceX launch: Nasa astronauts shot into space in historic mission →
The first stage will return to a SpaceX landing ship which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida, while the second part of the rocket continues the journey with the Crew Dragon.
· Millipede from Scotland is world's oldest-known land animal →
Life first evolved in the world's oceans, with an explosion of diversity beginning roughly 540 million years ago.
· SpaceX makes history with successful first human space launch →
Once in atmosphere, it’ll release its parachutes to slow the fall back to Earth, and coast to a landing in the Atlantic Ocean, where SpaceX crews will recover the capsule and provide the astronauts their ride back to dry land.
· SpaceX successfully launches first crew to orbit, ushering in new era of spaceflight →
The Crew Dragon is equipped with a heat shield to protect the astronauts from the fiery descent, and the capsule has a suite of four parachutes designed to open and gently lower the vehicle into the Atlantic Ocean.
· How virtual collaborations helping music artistes in times of Covid →
“The cross-border Instagram collaboration is a great tool to bring the two countries together… The online collaboration was a great idea,” says Kapadia, whose band Strings has, in the past, partnered with many more Indian artistes such as singers Hariharan and Sona Mohapatra, and music band Indian Ocean.
· DO watch alone →
The Mansion on Ocean Boulevard
· Drugs standards group nixes plan to kick pharma's crab blood habit →
Conservationists, including advocates for migratory birds that dine on horseshoe crab eggs on the US East Coast, have also been pushing for rFC recognition to take pressure off crabs, some of which still die after being released into the Atlantic Ocean following bleeding.
· The Air Force weather team that keeps canceling your rocket launches →
That means the Crew Dragon could land in a large swath of the Atlantic Ocean after liftoff.