“Offensive” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· For die-hard Redskins fans, name review brings a mix of anger, sadness and relief →
“It’s good it’s being changed,” said Rodney Shortt, who used to argue the name wasn’t offensive.
· Roberto Alomar or Craig Biggio? Ranking MLB's Top 20 Second Basemen of the 1990s →
He stepped up his offensive game in the postseason, turning in standout performances in the 1991 World Series (10-for-24, 4 XBH, 4 RBI) and 1996 NLCS (12-for-27, 3 XBH, 5 RBI).
· The Biggest Question Mark Surrounding Every NBA Team Still Standing →
For someone who does a lot of his offensive work in the post, is this for the best?
· College Football Position U: Who Is Defense University? →
Having previously completed quarterback, running back, wide receiver, defensive line and defensive back, Bleacher Report writers David Kenyon and Kerry Miller are identifying the college programs that have generated the most productive NFL players at tight end, offensive line, linebacker, overall offense and overall defense since 1970.
· NFC East Morning Run | July 10, 2020 →
However, one NFL offensive coach ranked Elliott as the 11th-best back in 2020.
· Asio boss denies expanded powers could be used to target Black Lives Matter protesters →
Drawing such parallels was offensive “to the men and women of my organisation, some of whom put their lives on the line to protect Australians from serious security threats”.
· Meet the Master Behind Pittsburgh's Finest Artwork →
Sabol himself was a college football player for Kentucky Christian University, playing every position group but defensive back and offensive line.
· Idlib reports first Covid-19 case and braces for fresh disaster →
In March, the area was spared from a brutal regime offensive after a ceasefire was brokered by Russia and Turkey, which supports some rebel groups.
· Shein apologises and removes swastika necklace from website, saying ‘for the record, it was not a Nazi pendant’ →
“And [as] one is highly offensive, we have removed the product from our site,” it continued.
· Talking Tyler Buchner, Offensive Line, Recruiting And 2020 Scheduling Concerns →
42:30 — We talk about the expectations for the Notre Dame offensive line in 2020, with the focus being on Liam Eichenberg.