“Oppose” in the news
|continued to oppose|
|did not oppose|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· World Digest: July 9, 2020 →
From the beginning, there was an intense debate over the restoration, with some scholars and political conservatives opposing any changes that would modernize the design.
· Investigation rebukes Commerce Department for siding with Trump over forecasters during Hurricane Dorian →
Therefore, I oppose Neil Jacobs’ nomination to be the Administrator of NOAA, and I urge my colleagues to join me.”
· Loudoun officials vote to remove ‘Silent Sentinel’ Confederate monument →
The board on Tuesday unanimously agreed — although at least one board member said he only voted to return the statue to the group, but otherwise opposed its removal.
· Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) CEO Christian Oberbeck on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Okay secondly, it would seem to me that in highly uncertain economic times, with little visibility such as Chris discussed, this would be a time where you would be sticking with kind of your go-to relationships as opposed to striking up new relationships.
· Steve Bannon, former top Trump aide, applauds Biden "Buy American" event →
Kobach's GOP rival, Kansas Rep. Roger Marshall, has racked up a number of significant endorsements and the Republican-aligned group, Plains PAC, also launched a multi-million dollar ad campaign Tuesday opposing Kobach’s candidacy.
· Setbacks hamper pipeline industry backed by Trump →
The recent blows against the industry have emboldened environmentalists and Native American activists, who routinely oppose fossil fuel pipelines because of potential spills and their contribution to climate change.
· Wall Street is pessimistic about the US dollar →
Four EU countries - Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden - oppose handouts to the hardest-hit nations, and are set to release their own version likely to be based on loans.
· Study: Stay-at-home orders may have averted up to 370,000 coronavirus deaths →
Protesters opposing the California stay-at-home orders in May.
· Are they joking? China releases poll claiming Hong Kong is in favour of new security law →
However, the law has been severely opposed by Western governments and is seen as an infringement on Hong Kong’s independence which was granted by Britain and China in 1997.