“Opposition” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Liverpool accusations and Mohamed Salah myth dispelled by simple stats →
For a side that is sometimes accused of relying too much on the contributions of their front three against opposition goalkeepers, Liverpool's goal column was populated by as many as 19 different players last season.
· WNBA players are so livid at Sen. Kelly Loeffler, a team owner, they’re backing her opponent →
WNBA players are stepping up their opposition to Atlanta Dream owner Kelly Loeffler, a U.S. senator, by wearing “Vote Warnock” T-shirts this week to show support for the Rev.
· Scottish Conservatives pick new leader as key election looms →
The Conservatives have a majority in Britain’s Parliament in London, but are an opposition party in the semi-autonomous, Edinburgh-based Scottish Parliament.
· Rajapaksa family set to consolidate power in Sri Lanka after virus-hit polls →
Test result figures are considered dubious by opposition parties, but authorities have reported just 11 deaths from fewer than 3,000 cases.
· Gawn needs to be protected from unfair targeting, says Goodwin →
Max Gawn needed to be protected from unfair targeting by opposition teams trying to illegally stop him getting to contests, Demons coach Simon Goodwin said.
· Ukraine asks Belarus to transfer arrested Russian mercenaries →
The allegations against the Russians represent an unprecedented escalation of tensions between Russia and neighbouring Belarus, traditionally close allies, as Lukashenko seeks a sixth term in Sunday's election amid mass opposition rallies.
· Border communities brace for latest Queensland lockdown →
Despite previously criticising Ms Palaszczuk's decision to close the border, state Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington supported the Premier's decision on Wednesday.
· Ukraine’s leader asks Belarus to transfer detained Russians →
The allegations against the Russians represent an unprecedented escalation of tensions between Russia and neighboring Belarus, traditionally close allies, as Lukashenko seeks a sixth term in Sunday’s election amid mass opposition rallies.
· Man City star Ilkay Gundogan reveals messages with Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool won title →
After wrapping up the title in a record-quick time of just 31 games, Klopp's side were given seven guards of honour for their remaining fixtures, including at the Etihad where Gundogan clapped the opposition on to the pitch in Manchester.
· My Expectation Of President Trump's Re-Election Leads To A Bullish Outlook, Especially For Energy →
The influence of the opposition party’s progressive wing could usher in profound changes from the past four years if Joe Biden becomes the forty-sixth President of the United States.