“Other” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Recipe: Creamy Coleslaw →
Combine ¼ cup rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce in a lidded container.
· 'Liverpool is very popular with him' - Thiago Alcantara future addressed by Bayern Munich legend →
Like a lot of other players out there, I like (him) a lot.
· The race to find Planet X heats up →
Why it matters: Astronomers have found thousands of planets orbiting other stars, but the hunt for this possible planet orbiting our own Sun — called Planet X or Planet 9 by some — is showing just how little we know about our solar system.
· Hospitals, doctors are major recipients of PPP loans →
Small hospitals, physician clinics, surgery centers, dental offices and other health care businesses were among the most common recipients of loans under the Paycheck Protection Program, according to data released by the federal government on Monday.
· US 'looking at' banning TikTok, other Chinese social media apps, says Pompeo →
The US has banned Huawei from their 5G networks over concerns of security and Washington has been pressuring other countries to restrict the operations of the Chinese telecom firm.
· FICCI Frames 2020: Star’s Uday Shankar on how advertising revenue is the biggest bane of the Indian M&E industry →
Drawing examples from the other international markets, Shankar spoke about how media and entertainment (M&E) industries have managed to build a direct-to-consumer relationship where consumers pay for the content/product, something which the Indian M&E industry has neglected to do.
· West Bengal's dreaded serial killer 'Chain Man' sentenced to death in 2019 rape and murder case →
He is also accused of raping several other women and killing them.
· Rowell out for three months after opting for shoulder operation →
Peter Ryan is a sports reporter with The Age covering AFL, horse racing and other sports.
· Dominic West says he was once homeless for a night in London →
Dominic West has spoken about briefly experiencing homelessness in London, stating that it is “astonishing” how quickly “you become reviled” by others.
· Surge In Coronavirus Cases Could Short-Circuit Economic Recovery →
Restaurants, retail shops, and other service industries are starting to bounce back from the deep recession.