“Oust” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· How to Beat the Bully in His Bunker →
As nice as it was to hear Joe Biden sound like a president this week, it is going to take a heavy, hard and persistent pounding of Trump to oust him.
The China Post
· Malaysia’s ex-PM to hear verdict in 1st graft case in July →
The party is part of a new government that took power in March less than two years after it was ousted in 2018 elections amid immense public anger over the 1MDB investment fund scandal.
· Venezuelan opposition leader Guaido 'at French Embassy in Caracas' →
Venezuela's Guaido tries to rebuild the momentum to oust Maduro
· Hickenlooper refuses to testify virtually to state ethics commission despite subpoena →
Hickenlooper is running to oust Republican Sen. Cory Gardner, and faces a primary challenge from former state House Speaker Andrew Romanoff.
· GOP Sen. Grassley holding up Trump nominations until he gets answers on IG firings →
The Trump administration has ousted government watchdogs at several departments in recent weeks, including State Department Inspector General Steve Linick, acting Department of Health and Human Services Inspector General Christi Grimm, acting Transportation Department Inspector General Mitch Behm, and top Pentagon official Glenn Fine, who led the committee responsible for overseeing implementation of the $2 trillion coronavirus relief law.
· V'landys versus Berejiklian in stadium showdown →
Former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib has knocked back an approach from certain figures at Belmore to overthrow the faction that ousted him.
The New York Times
· Philippine Dissenters May Face Terrorist Designation →
The head of the National Union of People’s Lawyers, Edre Olalia, said the measure would undermine basic freedoms that were restored by the Filipino people in 1986 when they ousted the dictator Ferdinand Marcos in the People Power uprising after more than 13 years of martial law.
· ‘Welcome back’: Dr Mahathir says as Shahruddin calls on him after resigning from Perikatan govt (VIDEO) →
The ousted Bersatu chairman posted a short caption in the Facebook post, saying: “Welcome back.”
· Former Ferrari Australasia boss tried to talk employee into abortion, court papers say →
Herbert Appleroth, who was ousted as the boss of the luxury carmaker last November and is an heir to the Aeroplane Jelly fortune, launched a case for unlawful dismissal in the Federal Court against his former employer, seeking nearly $1 million in lost salary plus performance shares.
· Erdogan hosts Libya PM as Turkey looks to lock in gains →
The meeting comes a day after the GNA - supported by Turkey - recaptured Tripoli’s main airport ahead of what appeared to be moves towards talks on a truce, after months of gains to oust the LNA from much of its foothold in the northwest.