“Outcome” in the news
|affect the outcome|
|pending the outcome|
Publications and example sentences
· Tens of thousands march to demand Mali leader steps down →
The protest follows several demonstrations last month in the West African state over the outcome of recent parliamentary elections, which the president won, as well as over coronavirus restrictions.
· Govt not obliged to return funds drawn from past reserves, but is committed to rebuilding them, says Singapore DPM Heng →
We have run our public services based on outcomes, not on size of spending,” he said.
· Who's Left? Ranking The Six Power 5 Teams Michigan Has Yet To Face →
This would put U-M in a clear position to claim a victory over the reigning National Champions, an outcome that would assuredly excite the fan base.
· Witness describes brutal police attack on protester caught on video as Indianapolis police announce investigation →
“I can promise that regardless of the outcome of that investigation we will be looking at a retrain for that kind of scenario.
· Commentary: COVID-19 has shown that we can be gracious. How do we make it last? →
After all, as a society, we have been used to heeding top-down signals on desirable societal outcomes.
· Will You Go to Husky Stadium on Game Day? →
Meantime, Rost says he'll adjust to whatever the outcome is.
· USTR 301 investigations: Bad news, but India may have wiggle room →
Its outcome is evident in the ongoing OECD lead Base Erosion & Profit Shifting (BEPS) debate culminating in an inclusive framework of nations, looking at achieving a consensus on the basis for taxation and sharing of such tax revenues amongst the nations.
· Promoting Ayush: Govt must take a cue from China’s efforts on 'Traditional Chinese Medicine' →
While there are claims of research literature, the robustness of these have been under a cloud; many studies have failed tests of reproducibility, complicated by the fact that most traditional medicine systems say that their treatment must be applied and appreciated in a holistic manner—that is, factors such as diet, stress, etc, also affect outcomes.
The New York Times
· Breonna Taylor's Death: What To Know →
We’ll see how the episode started, and how questionable policing tactics resulted in a fatal outcome.