|affect the outcome||結果に影響する|
|pending the outcome||結果待ち|
· Sentiment Is All That Matters: Harrison →
Ordinary people want a piece of what the rich are getting and don’t feel like they’re sharing in the American dream, he said, and that sentiment around the widening inequality could have a major impact on the outcome of the 2020 election and as a result, fiscal policy in 2021 and beyond.
· Dockers suspend Western Derby ticket sales as government reviews move to next phase →
The Dockers announced they would suspend ticket sales pending the outcome and finalisation of the review by the end of the week.
· Major oil and gas pipeline projects, backed by Trump, flounder as opponents prevail in court →
The outcome of projects hanging in the balance could have major implications for climate change, because pipelines built today could be shipping oil and gas for decades.
The New York Times
· Breonna Taylor's Death: What To Know →
We’ll see how the episode started, and how questionable policing tactics resulted in a fatal outcome.
· Live updates: U.S. reports record-high average of new coronavirus cases for 28th day →
The second, led by Cevat Giray Aksoy of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, finds people who endure a pandemic in young adulthood tend to be more distrustful of government institutions for the rest of their lives, an outcome that makes it more difficult for governments to effectively respond to future pandemics.
· Winners and Losers of MLB's 2020 Schedule Release →
Never before has the Major League Baseball schedule been more important to the outcome of a season than right now.
The New York Times
· McClatchy, a Family Newspaper Business, Heads Toward Hedge-Fund Ownership →
A likely outcome is that McClatchy, one of the country’s largest newspaper chains and a consistent winner of prestigious journalism awards, will be owned by a New Jersey hedge fund, Chatham Asset Management.
· Global survey shows the elderly aren’t protecting themselves from COVID-19 →
None of these changed the outcomes significantly.
The Wall Street Journal
· States and the Electoral College →
Some readers recall when the Hillary Clinton campaign, after losing in November 2016, wanted members of the Electoral College briefed on Donald Trump in an effort to undo the election outcome.
· BG Staffing Real Estate's Monstrous Return On Unleveraged Net Tangible Assets →
In 2015, ASGN Incorporated's (NYSE:ASGN) negative outcome was due to a negative denominator (UNTA).