“Over” in the news
|all over again|
|change over time|
|changed over time|
|took over control|
|took over management|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
Set a large sauté pan over high heat.
The Wall Street Journal
· Recipe: Creamy Coleslaw →
Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss well.
· Former GOP House Speaker Kirk Cox considering run for Virginia governor →
Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.) said last week that he is exploring a run — potentially as an independent, bucking the party that in June rejected his reelection bid in favor of a “biblical conservative.” Riggleman, who has a libertarian streak, angered social conservatives last year by presiding over a same-sex wedding.
· World in a dish: Why sourdough went viral →
Over time however, tamer, modern, mass-produced yeast has come to dominate our bread baskets.
· Bankinter: Beware Of The Higher Risk Personal Loan Portfolio →
That’s just over 5 cents per share.
· Beyoncé's 'Black Is King' Is A Sumptuous Search For Divine Identity →
In fact, the project's preference for breadth over depth makes a kind of spiritual sense — where do you start in your quest to find your lineage when you've got an entire continent to scour?
· Setting All-Time-Highs, Tencent Is Still Undervalued →
Nevertheless, it was near the one-year average at $58.29 and a 20 percent premium over the closing price the day before the proposal.
· Leaked emails show Victoria's hotel quarantine system was stretched, cobbled together →
Millions of Victorians hope it will shed light on who was responsible for the scheme and why private security was preferred over police or Defence Force personnel to guard guests.
· Mondelez: Staying On Course During The Pandemic →
Although profitability declined over the past two quarters, during the pandemic Mondelez expanded its market share in key product categories, such as biscuits and chocolate, and in its most profitable geography - North America.
· No wildlife clearance required for projects which don't need environmental clearance: Environment ministry →
In its letters to the principal secretaries of states and UTs, who raised queries over applicability of consideration by National Board of Wildlife (NBWL), the ministry clarified that prior wildlife nod be will not be mandatory for projects within eco-sensitive zones outside protected areas which do not require environmental clearance.