“Overhaul” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Trump’s False Claim That ‘Nobody Has Ever Done’ More for the Black Community Than He Has →
In comparison, Mr. Trump pointed to his signing of the First Step Act, a bipartisan bill that made reforms to sentences in federal prisons; the inclusion in the 2017 tax overhaul of the Opportunity Zones program, which offer a tax break for investing in low-income communities; increased funding for historically black colleges and universities, or H.B.C.U.s; and low unemployment rates for black Americans.
· Aboriginal deaths in custody: 434 have died since 1991, new data shows →
“There needs to be an independent body that investigates these incidents and a fundamental overhaul of our approach to justice in this country,” Amnesty’s Indigenous rights adviser, Rodney Dillon, said.
· Will black lives ever matter in America? →
The way in which police forces were recruited, governed and regulated needed to be completely overhauled, said protesters.
The Wall Street Journal
· Major Fixes Made to Small-Business Loan Program →
The new law overhauls the Paycheck Protection Program, which provided $660 billion to help companies generally with fewer than 500 employees.
· ‘Say her name’: Breonna Taylor and the underreported scourge of police violence against black women →
“We are going to celebrate it for her, by demanding justice, accountability, and the complete overhaul of policing so that this never happens to anyone ever again.”
· WeWork co-founder McKelvey to leave company by June end →
Since taking over as WeWork's chairman, SoftBank executive Marcelo Claure has overhauled the office-sharing startup's top management and brought in several executives including CEO Sandeep Mathrani, as part of his broader strategy to turn around WeWork.
· Command & Conquer Remastered Collection review: Loving the smell of Tiberium →
But as polished as this new package looks, the visual overhaul comes with three issues, which range from nitpicks to legitimate concerns.
· Coronavirus is the fashion industry's wake-up call to change, eco-fashion campaigner Livia Firth warns →
“Some [brands] have been slower than others,” she said, pointing to the Kering Group (home of Gucci, Saint Laurent and Alexander McQueen) as a positive example of luxury brands doing “massive work” to overhaul supply chain.
· Jamie McPhee and the 'Bank for Me' →
McPhee has been tasked with driving the costly and painstaking process of overhauling the bank's technology core.
· Universities count their losses, government sharpens its claws →
Scott Morrison's headline grabber when he addressed the National Press Club two weeks ago was his pledge to collaborate with unions and employers to overhaul the industrial relations system.