|attempt to overthrow||転覆を試みる|
|overthrow the government||政府を転覆する|
|plot to overthrow||転覆するプロット|
· Excerpts: When Afghanistan was still considered the 'just war' →
It had been five years since the Taliban government had been overthrown by the US and its allies, along with the Afghan military coalition called the Northern Alliance.
The New York Times
· U.S. Accuses Russia of Sending Warplanes to Libya →
asset who tried to overthrow Libya’s longtime dictator, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, in the 1980s, has been fighting for power in Libya since 2014.
· This Is How Duterte Could Declare Martial Law in the Philippines →
The next day, 76 protesters and relief workers were arrested, including four residents who posted photos online of themselves “protesting from home.” Duterte, in public addresses, has repeatedly said this dissent originates with “leftists” – part of what his office has previously deemed, without evidence, to be an “opposition matrix” aiming to overthrow the government.
· Idlib to Tripoli: Turkey moves to dominate eastern Mediterranean →
In April last year the renegade general launched a new assault on the GNA, triggering some of the most significant fighting on Libyan soil since the Nato-backed battle to overthrow Gaddafi in 2011.
· Taiwan targets truth not justice as it investigates darker times →
In 1962, Tsai was convicted of conspiracy to overthrow the government on the flimsiest evidence - a handwritten slip which he said had been planted by his colleague.
The New York Times
· By Air and Sea, Mercenaries Landed in Libya. Then the Plan Went South. →
Peace talks established a fragile United Nations-backed government in Tripoli that Mr. Hifter aims to overthrow.
· Five dead in blast during Somalia Aidilfitri festivities, say police →
Its militants have vowed to overthrow the internationally-backed government in Mogadishu and still carry out attacks including suicide bombings against government and international targets.