“Party” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· South African president says lockdown to ease from June 1 →
Ramaphosa, who has been under pressure from rival political parties and a variety of industries to ease the restrictions, said following broad consultations the cabinet had decided to move the country to “level three” of its five-level lockdown system.
· Spain lifts Covid-19 lockdown measures in Madrid and Barcelona and reopens beaches →
Thousands of people protested on Saturday by car in major Spanish cities at the call of the far-right Vox party.
· Americans defy Covid-19 social distancing rules to celebrate Memorial Day holiday →
Hundreds gather at pool party at Lake of the Ozarks and at Daytona Beach in Florida, defying safety restrictions
· China's rise dealt a blow by Trump and the pandemic →
China’s leadership has always pursued high-growth policies because of the perceived risk to the dominance of the Communist Party of unemployment and the social tensions it generates in an economy where nearly 400 million people exist on less than $US5.50 a day.
· BlueTrace: The tech that many want govt to incorporate in Aarogya Setu →
A man in the middle attack is a hijack attack where an attacker can either alter communication between two parties or secretly relay some other information.
· N. Korea's official paper calls for recycling waste materials →
North Korea's media outlets have emphasized the importance of self-reliance frequently since leader Kim Jong-un told a party meeting last December that he has no expectation of the U.S. lifting sanctions anytime soon.
The Japan Times
· Even as virus eases, the worst may be yet to come for Abe →
As a result, some in the ruling Liberal Democratic Party are weighing possible successors, led by former Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida.
· Responding to the Covid economy Part 1: Understanding supply and demand shocks — Ong Kian Ming →
* Media Statement by Ong Kian Ming, Member of Parliament for Bangi and assistant political education director for the Democratic Action Party (DAP) on May 25, 2020.
· Sevilla players warned by Liga chief after flouting lockdown rules →
Argentine trio Ever Banega, Lucas Ocampos and Franco Vazquez as well as Dutch striker Luuk de Jong were pictured at a party alongside eight other people over the weekend.