“Percent” in the news
|percent of all|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Japan Times
· Japan to come up with new goal on gender equality after falling short of 2020 aim →
The government will present a new goal on gender equality as early as next week, having abandoned the time frame for its long-stated aim of raising women’s share of leadership roles in the country’s workforce to at least 30 percent by the end of this year, sources said Wednesday.
· Donald Trump humiliation: US President jokes his victory is ‘rigged’ ahead of election →
Mr Trump said: “Even in the 2016 election, 1 percent are in question.”
· California restricts COVID-19 testing as cases surge →
Black people are 25 percent more likely to become infected as white people and twice as likely to die.
· NBC's Peacock joins Apple+, Disney+ and HBO Max with mix of old and new. Will it be enough? →
Moreover, a TV series where audiences are supposed to sympathize with the bored and unhappy one percent feels out of touch at a moment when unemployment has reached record levels.
· BOK stands pat amid signs of recovery, soaring property prices →
SEOUL, July 16 (Yonhap) -- As widely expected, the Bank of Korea (BOK) kept the policy rate frozen at 0.5 percent Thursday, amid slight signs of an economic recovery from the pandemic-caused slump and growing concerns over soaring property prices.
· Seoul stocks open flat on recovery hopes, Sino-American risks →
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) fell 2.13 points, or 0.1 percent, to 2,199.75 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
· G20 carbon 'food-print' highest in meat-loving nations: report →
About 40 percent of that comes from livestock production and food waste, with the rest generated by rice production, fertiliser use, land conversion and deforestation to accomodate commercial crops.
· Seahawks Chris Carson Remains NFL's Most Disrespected Running Back →
When targeted in Seattle's run-heavy offense, he's been extremely reliable and exhibited soft hands, posting a catch rate of 78 percent or higher in all three of his NFL seasons.
· The massive Twitter hack could be a global security crisis →
Google is investing $4.5 billion for a 7.73 percent stake in Jio Platforms, following a similar move from Facebook to invest $5.7 billion for a 9.9 percent stake in the company earlier this year.
The New York Times
· North Macedonia Election Returns No Clear Winner →
The center-left Social Democrats emerged as the strongest party, taking 36.3 percent of the vote with nearly 90 percent of ballots counted.