“Perpetrator” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Three white men charged in Georgia slaying of black man to face judge →
Civil rights activists pointed to the case, in which there were no arrests until 10 weeks after the killing, as the latest incident of law enforcement in the United States allowing white perpetrators to go unpunished in the unjustified killing of a black man.
· Father's killing of 14-year-old daughter stirs outrage in Iran →
“Without a doubt our heavy duty is the judicial follow-up of the issue and harsh punishment for the perpetrator of this crime,” Deputy Justice Minister Mahmoud Abbasi said yesterday, according to Irna
· “We are correcting the erasure of black lives”: What On the Record’s subjects say about Me Too →
For the first time, those barriers that had been in existence were tumbling, and the perpetrators didn’t even know what to do.
· HBO Max's Russell Simmons film explores how white supremacy shames Black assault victims →
As author and scholar Joan Morgan observes in the film, Black women often allow race loyalty “to buy them an early tombstone.” Dixon’s conflict is one many women grapple with when it comes to confronting Black men as perpetrators of sexual misconduct against Black women.
The China Post
· Anti-Semitic crime rises in Germany, most from far right →
Similarly, anti-Muslim crimes rose 4.4% to 950, more than 90% at the hands of a far-right perpetrator.
· How India’s Elite Competition Poisoned the Internet →
Simultaneously, the period also witnessed a 28 percent increase in religious riots across India wherein Muslims were overwhelmingly the victims and extremist Hindus, the perpetrators.
· Govt must step up and stamp out online sexual harassment in Malaysia now, say Pakatan reps →
“Therefore, the Communications and Multimedia Ministry and police must take swift and immediate action against the perpetrators of such crimes, including threats made against us,” the PH representatives said.
The New York Times
· In ‘Perry Mason,’ Matthew Rhys Plays Defense →
Under his questioning, the real perpetrator breaks down, usually on the stand.
The New York Times
· China Forgets the Coronavirus. A Writer Explores Its Amnesia. →
But they sometimes play the roles of perpetrator and victim at the same time,” said Mr. Chan.