“Place” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Legend' Bolsonaro hails supporters as crises grow →
More pro-Bolsonaro rallies are expected to take place in Sao Paulo, Brazil's most populous city and the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic.
· White House announces travel ban with Brazil →
Cuomo told reporters Sunday that the economy can slowly reopen as cases decline — so long as smart policies are put in place, such as reduced capacity and requiring face masks.
· One German church service resulted in dozens of coronavirus infections →
A crowded indoor place, then, with poor ventilation, filled with people talking, shouting, or singing for hours on end will be the riskiest scenario.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on May 25) →
UN sanctions call for banning ships engaged in cargo transfer to North Korean vessels from making calls at ports, but put in place no specific restriction on North Korean ships passing through South Korean waters.
The New York Times
· Suriname’s Strongman Shrugs Off Murder Sentence in Re-election Bid →
A restless, ambitious youth, he dropped out of high school and enlisted in the Dutch Army, serving, among other places, at a NATO base in Germany during the Cold War, according to Nina Jurna, a Brazil-based Dutch author who wrote a book about Mr. Bouterse.
· White House bans entry to US from Brazil due to Covid-19 →
Brazil surges to second place in Covid-19 cases worldwide
· Murder suspect with 'strong ties' to Newtown, Connecticut, is manhunt subject →
He was allegedly seen leaving the residence where the attack took place.
· Coronavirus lockdowns stifle Eid celebrations as infections rise →
In Gaza, Hamas authorities allowed prayers in mosques despite the enclave's first coronavirus death on Saturday, but worshippers mostly wore masks and placed their prayer mats far apart.
· As fashion has its metaverse moment, one app looks to bridge real and virtual worlds for sneakerheads →
The app has antecedents like Nike’s SNKRS, which offered limited edition drops to users and geo-located places where folks could find shoes from its various collaborations, as Input noted when it covered Aglet’s April launch.
· Russell enjoys runaway success in F1's virtual Monaco GP →
George Russell took a runaway win for Williams in Formula One's virtual Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, the day the cancelled showcase race should have taken place in real life.