“Plan” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Coronavirus UK live: Rishi Sunak to announce tapering of furlough scheme →
The officials submitted an 11-point plan proposing a “further lockdown of care homes” on 28 April, which included staff moving in for four weeks and deploying NHS Nightingale hospitals.
· COVID-19 could cause $8.5 trillion loss in global output, warns UN chief Antonio Guterres →
This requires a global, coordinated plan that will also facilitate global and domestic economies to bounce back.
· Seven, Foxtel withhold AFL payment but new contract nears →
As revealed by The Age's Caroline Wilson, the plan is to extend the current contract by two years until 2024, and spread out the financial pain as a result of a weakened economy over this time.
The Japan Times
· KyoAni arson suspect thought there were only two victims in fire →
He has also said he initially planned to use kitchen knives to attack the studio, said the sources.
· China faces mounting pressure over Hong Kong security law →
The US, Britain, Canada and Australia led criticism of the planned law, which would punish secession, subversion of state power, terrorism and acts that endanger national security, as well as allow Chinese security agencies to operate openly in Hong Kong.
· Bursa Malaysia extends downtrend at mid-day →
Market sentiment was influenced by reports on the US President Donald Trump’s plan to hold a news conference on Friday to address the soaring tension between the two countries over trade, the Covid-19 pandemic as well as China’s plan to implement national security law in Hong Kong.
· Robodebt: government to repay 470,000 unlawful Centrelink debts worth $721m →
It abandoned a planned ramp up of the scheme after Guardian Australia reported a leaked plan to target the vulnerable in 2019.
· TikTok maker ByteDance looks to shift power out of China amid rising global tensions →
TikTok’s poaching of Disney’s Kevin Mayer to be its CEO was just the most visible part of a broader strategy by its Chinese owner to shift its centre of power away from China at a time of rising global tensions, several people familiar with the plans said.
· Mental health, job opportunities among issues raised by youths in engagement sessions →
SINGAPORE: Mental health, future job opportunities and environmental sustainability were among the issues in focus among youths who participated in engagement sessions as part of the SG Youth Action Plan.
· Southwestern Energy: Bullish On Gas Prices, But Clarity On 2021 Hedges Needed →
I am bullish SWN due to the rise in natural gas, but investors need more clarity as regards its 2021 hedging plans.