“Play” in the news
|continued to play|
|did not play|
|play their home|
Publications and example sentences
· China's crypto is all about tracing — and power →
Still, there’s also a power play.
· Covid-19: Appreciate behind-the-scene role played by CPRC personnel during Raya, says Dr Noor Hisham →
He said that since the Covid-19 outbreak, the public began to acknowledge the important role played by the CPRC in particular, and the public health (sector) in general.
· Odion Ighalo's stay at Manchester United drawing to a close →
“I’m not comparing him yet to them but he’s made other players play better and he’s given everyone a lift.”
· Major industries, govt agencies owe about Rs 5 lakh cr in outstanding dues to MSMEs: Nitin Gadkari →
Gadkari said the government has devised a scheme to strengthen NBFCs as they play a significant role in financing.The government was thinking of creating a separate category of ‘village industry’ for MSMEs to encourage setting up of units in villages, he added.
· Coronavirus: Barley used to make beer could become food for barnyard animals as pubs and restaurants remain closed →
“What happens and how it plays out, I have no idea,” Mr Askew said by phone from his farm in northern England.
· Large crowds gather for Memorial Day as US braces to surpass 100,000 deaths →
At New York’s Orchard Beach in the Bronx, kids played with toys, and people sat in folding chairs.
· Bayern’s Thiago to miss top game at Dortmund through injury →
“It is a completely different game from the first one (that Bayern won 4-0 earlier this season),” Flick said ahead of the game that will be played in an empty Dortmund stadium that normally sits 80,000 fans.
· Hayley Williams On the Release of Her Solo Debut, Petals for Armor →
The two bonded over their grief, listening to “chill shit like Sade” and playing around in the studio until “Leave It Alone” was born.
· Daily Mail demand for Cummings to go poses challenge for UK PM →
Under the headline “What planet are they on?”, the newspaper’s editorial said Cummings “violated the spirit and letter of the lockdown ... giving every selfish person a licence to play fast and loose with public health”.
The New York Times
· Putin Speaks, Officials Shrug, and Doctors Are Caught in the Middle →
Mr. Putin, playing one of his favorite roles as a caring but stern father of the nation undermined by bungling bureaucrats, fumed recently in a teleconference that officials in many places had not acted on his bonus order.