|pledge allegiance||Bağlılık sözü|
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· Gordon Brown urges G20 countries to back $2.5tn coronavirus plan →
The vaccine alliance Gavi is holding a funding conference in London later this week in which it is seeking pledges from governments so that it can continue to provide vaccines for poor countries.
· Where's the catch in the Brexit fishing talks? →
The two sides pledged to exert “best endeavours” to agree a fishing deal by 1 July to give crews time to adjust to changes from 2021.
· The G20 should be leading the world out of the coronavirus crisis – but it's gone awol →
This Thursday, at the pledging conference held for the global vaccine alliance in London, donor countries should contribute the $7bn needed to help make immunisation more widely available.
· Minneapolis public school board to vote on terminating its contract with police →
“It’s a very specific group of people who feel safe with police, but most black and brown children do not feel safe with police in schools,” said Jackie Byers, the executive director of the Black Organizing Project, which has been working since 2011 to end the use of police officers in Oakland public schools, including asking teachers and administrators to pledge to not call the police on their students.
· Volkswagen closes US$2.6 billion investment in self-driving startup Argo AI →
Ford created Ford Autonomous Vehicles LLC in 2018, pledging to invest US$4 billion until 2023 and had sought outside investors to help share the spiraling cost of developing autonomous vehicles.
· Mayweather offers to cover funeral costs for George Floyd →
Steve Bisciotti, the owner of the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, pledged US$1 million for social justice reform and said a group of former and current players would decide which organisations benefit.
The Japan Times
· Ex-All Blacks captain Kieran Read supports calls for rugby reforms →
Re-elected World Rugby chairman Bill Beaumont has pledged to work toward a more integrated calendar which provides room for the Six Nations and Rugby Championship test tournaments as well as northern and southern hemisphere professional competitions.
· Australia's most populous state eases COVID-19 restrictions on sport →
States and territories have pledged to remove the majority of social distance restrictions by July as the number of new daily cases has slowed to either single-digit or low double digits.
· Saudi Arabia to co-host UN fundraising summit for Yemen →
Saudi Arabia pledged $525m nearly two months ago, but Lowcock said he hoped Riyadh would pay this sum in full soon.
· S. Korea's corporate loans rise at over decade high rate in Q1 →
Business conditions for the companies are believed to have somewhat improved since, with the local government pledging a 250 trillion-won aid package.