“Point” in the news
|point of view|
Publications and example sentences
· Donald Trump touts racial equality while referring to COVID-19 as 'China plague' →
The re-emergence of the phrase elicited criticism across social media, from many who pointed out that terms like the “China plague” or the “China virus” -- which experts have warned could put Asian Americans in harm’s way -- run counter to ideas of racial equality, particularly as protests continue across the nation over the death of George Floyd, a black man who died in Minneapolis police custody.
· 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers Fantasy Team Outlook: Don't Call it a Comeback, They've Been Here For Years →
Their success in yards hasn’t translated as well in points scored.
· The National Basketball Players Association Approves The Proposal To Resume The NBA Season →
Commissioner SIlver mentioned that players have to be prepared for the season not to end if a player test positive and this definitely points to that.
· What Does This Mean for Future Players Like Cade Cunningham and Ferron Flavors Jr? →
But at this point in the process, I believe it’s way too early for any player to make a decision about the upcoming season, or his future at Oklahoma State.
· Despite gains, these process controls names have upside →
Absolute multiples (next-12-months EBITDA and P/E) are historically high, the firm says, but relative multiples are only slightly inflated - as is expected, since relative multiples for process controls always expand at this point in an economic cycle, given earnings cyclicality.
· Transcript: Talking to Kids About Racism →
How do you get to that point?
· Will black lives ever matter in America? →
Asked if black lives would ever matter in the US, she pointed out that to many people, black lives already matter enormously.
· Chris Manhertz Talks Panthers' Player Impact Committee Advocating for Change →
And to Andre [Smith’s] point, everybody has their own perspective, so I can't really take that away from him, but it's just the matter of acknowledging and being empathetic.
· Primark's Reopening Seems Not To Be A Problem →
There's no point in my repeating that well presented information.
The New York Times
· Appeals Court Blocks White House From Suspending Reporter’s Press Pass →
Mr. Karem celebrated the ruling by pointing toward broader press freedom issues in an era when the president has frequently deemed journalists “the enemy of the people” and reporters have been injured while covering the nationwide demonstrations against police brutality after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25.