|point of view||視点|
· Richard Branson space-bound in early 2021, says Virgin Galactic →
It will then cut off the engine, which will create a feeling of weightlessness for a few minutes as the spacecraft reaches its highest point, about 80 kilometres above the planet, and then begin its descent.
· Bland Fanatics by Pankaj Mishra review – both obscures and illuminates →
“What is it,” the Austro-Hungarian novelist Joseph Roth asked rhetorically in 1927, in a preface to his book The Wandering Jews, “that allows European states to go spreading civilisation and ethics in foreign parts but not at home?” Forty years later, as American cities burned while American bombs rained down on Vietnam, James Baldwin made a similar point, though reversing Roth’s formulation.
· Lewis Hamilton tells F1 chiefs 'do better' as Mercedes streak clear of Red Bull, Ferrari →
Verstappen sits 30 points adrift of leader Hamilton in the drivers' standings, with Bottas separating them.
· All The Chatter Regarding Gold Is Overwhelmingly Positive. That Makes Me Cautious →
As bullish opinions on gold continue to dominate the headlines, investors nevertheless have continued to pour into the asset, to the point where the price has shot up to a record price (not adjusted for inflation) of just under $2,000/ounce, as shown below:
· International travelers exempted from 7-day paid institutional quarantine, but there’s a catch →
“The test report can also be produced during the arrival at Indian airport’s entry point,” the revised guidelines state.
· Why I Sold Dominion Energy →
This includes 7700 miles of natural gas transmission lines and 900 billion cubic feet (BCF) of storage: specifically, Dominion Energy Transmission, Questar Pipeline, Carolina Gas Transmission, 50% of the Iroquois Gas Transmission System, and 25% of the Cove Point liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility in Maryland.
· Richard Branson space-bound in early 2021 says Virgin Galactic →
It will then cut off the engine, which will create a feeling of weightlessness for a few minutes as the spacecraft reaches its highest point, about 80 kilometers (50 miles) above the planet, and then begin its descent.
· Diesel sales fall amid new wave of lockdowns; normalcy unlikely in near future →
While diesel demand typically falls at this time of the year due to the monsoon, the decline exceeds the 8% month-on-month drop at the same point last year.
· Goldman Sachs Comes Up With Tinder for Mergers →
Interest rates remain low amid a global recession triggered by virus fears, and a lack of organic growth continues to point to consolidation across industries.
· AllianceBernstein: A Resilient Asset Manager With A 9.7% Yield →
One of them, the Bernstein U.S. Research Fund, under the ticker BERN, had been trailing the S&P 500 by about 5 percentage points since its launch, according to Bloomberg Intelligence.