“Police” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Pensioner dies after rocks thrown as he 'confronted poachers' in Kent →
Police search for two teenage boys believed to have been involved in 'altercation' with victim prior to his death
· George Floyd death: What do protesters' arm bands mean? →
Social media users suggest police are using 'colour of the day' system
· Gov. Walz orders full mobilization of the Minnesota National Guard →
Clashes between police and protesters erupted across the country Friday night as thousands descended on the streets, pleading for justice in the wake of George Floyd's death this week in Minneapolis.
· Supreme Court rejects challenge to coronavirus limits on church services →
The wife of Chinese doctor Li Wenliang who was punished by police for blowing the whistle on coronavirus before he died from the respiratory illness, has rejected a proposal to rename the street of Chinese embassy in Washington, D.C. in his honor.
· Trump praises Secret Service and threatens protesters with 'vicious dogs' →
It was the president’s latest potentially inflammatory response to protests which have erupted across the US over the death of George Floyd, an African American man who died while being arrested by police in Minneapolis.