· U.S. Park Police officers placed on administrative duty over assault on Australian journalists →
HOUSTON — As protesters clash with riot squads in cities across the country, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo has drawn national praise for his willingness to march with activists and call for officers to be held accountable when they kill without justification.
· Fury as Saints ace Brees criticises NFL kneeling protests →
Brees' remarks came as Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll heaped praise on the role played by Kaepernick.
· Obama praises young protesters, urges mayors to pursue police reforms →
The big picture: Obama praised young people — specifically young people of color — for taking to the streets.
The China Post
· Florida officer who shoved protester was reviewed over force →
Pohorence was praised for helping to stop a woman from jumping to her death from an overpass in April 2019, and was commended for providing CPR and applying a tourniquet on an injured man after a crash.
The New York Times
· Bruce Jay Friedman, 90, Author With a Darkly Comic Worldview, Dies →
“Stern” was almost universally praised as a shrewd and humorous take on the psychic terrors of seemingly serene suburbia.