“Prayer” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Iran reopens key shrines after two-month virus closure →
In a statement on its website, the shrine said visitors must observe health requirements such as wearing masks and maintaining social distancing, and bring their own prayer mats, books and other accessories.
· Aidilfitri sermon: Don’t make a joke out of the use of staff during sermons, says minister →
It doesn’t affect the Aidilfitri prayer and the sermon.
The New York Times
· Donald Trump, Joe Biden and the Vote of the Irish →
He was in Scranton in early March to speak to a packed house at an anti-abortion prayer breakfast and told me: “I think Biden is a weak candidate in this regard, as weak as Hillary.
The China Post
· Muslims in India, Bangladesh celebrate Eid subdued by virus →
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — Muslims in India and Bangladesh joined prayers to celebrate a subdued Eid-al Fitr on Monday, marking the end of the Ramadan holy month by seeking blessings for a world free from coronavirus.
The China Post
· Memorial Day weekend draws crowds and triggers warnings →
Some 2,000 Muslims gathered for Eid al-Fitr prayers at a sports complex in a Paris suburb, spaced 3 feet (1 meter) apart and wearing masks.
· With first day of Hari Raya over, Malaysians reminded no more Aidilfitri visits during CMCO →
Instead, many Muslims were encouraged to perform the Aidilfitri prayers and conduct their own sermons among family members in the privacy of their homes.
· Tears are shed, hearts are torn as Malaysians spend emotional Hari Raya in Singapore →
Back in her kampung in Johor Baru, Malaysia, on this festive occasion, it was usually a race against time getting everything ready before her husband and the rest of the men in her family returned home from the morning prayer at the mosque.
· Thailand’s ‘Golden Son’ dolls bring believers luck and protection →
Sculpted into a prayer position, the wide-eyed figurines were traditionally completely shaped by a concoction of clay and ashes.
· Austria's president apologises for Covid-19 curfew breach – as it happened →
Mass prayer gatherings have been banned in many countries including Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey and Syria.
· After watching son graduate, Kentucky couple killed in traffic accident →
Andy Beshear and other officials reached out to the school system to offer prayers and assistance.