Preacher в новостях
|lay preacher||Мирянин проповедник|
Идиомы и речевые обороты →
Публикации и примеры предложений
· Lock-down lunacy: How we stuffed it up →
A qualified guard (and part-time preacher) of Pacific Island descent was appointed security manager and the number of offences dropped markedly.
· Can Malian President Keita survive growing anti-gov't protests? →
Mobilised by Mahmoud Dicko, a charismatic and hugely influential preacher, tens of thousands of opposition supporters twice last month rallied in the capital, Bamako, to denounce corruption and the government's handling of a worsening security situation, as well as alleged electoral malpractices and the lack of judicial reform.
· Mohiussunnath Chowdhury: Buckingham Palace sword attacker jailed for life for new terror plot after being released from prison →
“Motivated by dreams of martyrdom for the cause of Islam, and inspired by preachers of hate like the former al-Qaeda spokesman Anwar al-Awlaki, the defendant was keen to take part in an attack on a high-profile and very public target in the UK,” said prosecutor Duncan Atkinson QC.
· Malawi president under fire for family appointments to cabinet →
A former evangelical preacher, Chakwera promised to tackle corruption on his election ticket.
· ‘Meet wives and decorate main palace’: Jihadi wrote down plans for life in heaven after planned terror attack →
Chowdhury also viewed videos by Islamist preachers Anwar al-Awlaki and Sheikh Faisal, as well as Isis propaganda, while drawing up his plans.
· Kanye West to run for US president, no longer supports Trump →
His running mate will be Michelle Tidball, a preacher from Wyoming, according to Forbes.
· The Supreme Court just stripped thousands of teachers of their civil rights →
As a general rule, religious institutions have total control over whom they employ as “ministers.” That means that if a church wants to fire its preacher because of that preacher’s race or gender, it may do so, even though such discrimination ordinarily is illegal.