“Premature” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· How is rugby preparing to return? →
Since suspending the Pro14 indefinitely in March, league officials have maintained throughout their preference to complete the existing 2019/20 season rather than bringing the campaign to a premature end.
· Giddy with delight, Trump stages a victory lap over shock jobs figures →
But after a torrid few months, he was not going to miss the chance for a victory lap – even at the risk of it looking premature.
The New York Times
· Don’t Kid Yourself: Online Lectures Are Here to Stay →
Yet skepticism about remote instruction’s future may be premature.
· Greenback Remains Soft Ahead Of Employment Report, But Reversal Possible →
Still, by pre-announcing the recycling, it assures investors that discrepancy will not be translated to a premature unwind.
· Coronavirus: Government face mask advice ‘too little too late’ →
“We fear this announcement is being driven not by safety concerns but by the premature easing of the lockdown which is swelling passenger numbers and making social distancing on transport increasingly impossible,” he said.
· The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree review – magic realism in Iran →
The plot itself suffers from blind alleys (an irrelevant treasure trunk); a premature climax (Khomeini’s early nemesis); and a limp ending.
· Canada police under scrutiny after two women die after encounters with officers →
The premature deaths of the two women, both apparently during mental health crises, have focused a spotlight on police training to safely de-escalate tense situations.
· Coronavirus: When might the UK lockdown come to an end? →
Professor Robert Dingwall, a part-time professor in the School of Social Sciences at Nottingham Trent University and a pandemic disease expert, says that in his opinion, it is “premature for any responsible scientist to start speculating about when it might end”.
· The Cooper Companies, Inc. (COO) CEO Al White on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Just may be premature at this time, but help us think, are you seeing any shifts in the broader birth control market?
· Covid-19 deaths surge in Brazil, Mexico as regional leaders look to reopen →
Many epidemiologists warn the reopenings could be premature.