“Prepare” in the news
|began to prepare|
|order to prepare|
|time to prepare|
|used to prepare|
Publications and example sentences
· Police try to stop Black Lives Matter rally in Sydney due to coronavirus fears →
In Washington D.C., where workers walled off more of the White House complex to keep demonstrators at bay, Metropolitan Police Chief Peter Newsham said the department was preparing for big numbers of “peaceful demonstrators coming to exercise their First Amendment rights” on Saturday.
· Dental patients in England face limited service as practices reopen →
Magda (who asked that her real name not be published), a practice principal for three dental practices in Oxford, both NHS and private, said the lack of time to prepare meant they would not be able to open until 15 June, and even then only to offer prescriptions and tooth extractions, as NHS guidelines suggesting they should not carry out aerosol-generating procedures such as drilling.
· Ashton Hewitt: Dragons wing says he will not let racism slide →
Hewitt, 25, has insisted he is not prepared to put up with racism anymore.
· International Yoga Day 2020: No mass gatherings! Yoga Day to be celebrated on digital media platforms this year →
Besides, through the ‘My Life My Yoga’ video blogging competition which was launched by the prime minister on May 31, the Ministry of AYUSH and ICCR seeks to raise awareness about yoga and to inspire people to prepare for and become active participants in the observation of IDY 2020.
· A Brave New World For Value Investing →
Investment Grade Corporates (U) will take longer to recover, but even before interest rates were lowered by the Federal Reserve (Fed) these corporations were preparing for an economic slowdown.
· World Environment Day: Biodiversity conservation herculean task →
It further said the Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR), a document which records diversity of flora and fauna, has not been prepared and maintained by the Biodiversity Management Committee by some of the states.
· Gmail’s stupid tiny compose button gets a little less tiny on Android →
They’re pretty popular, so I’m prepared to admit that I’m the one with the problem here.
The New York Times
· On Tribal Lands, a Time to Make Art for Solace and Survival →
“In a way,” she said, “it felt like we were preparing for this all along.”
The New York Times
· Europe’s Patchwork Reopening →
In France, the mountain resort of Chamonix is preparing for a quieter summer than usual.