“Preserve” in the news
|effort to preserve|
|efforts to preserve|
|order to preserve|
Publications and example sentences
· Cancelled Sydney Fringe Festival the latest COVID casualty →
The cancellation preserves enough cash so the festival can continue in 2021.
· Apple Hospitality REIT: Patience Is A Virtue →
Apple Hospitality went into crisis mode early by preserving capital and focusing on health and safety aspects.
The Japan Times
· Hong Kong debate tests emerging get-tough consensus among Trump’s China advisers →
Trump, who has vacillated between the two camps in his administration, must decide if the United States will preserve Hong Kong’s special status, halt privileged treatment that has helped make it a global financial hub or take lesser actions such as targeted sanctions or tariffs if Beijing goes ahead.
· Covid imapct: Reimbursements, as a category, will undergo a change →
“Companies are evaluating possibilities of optimising compensation programmes to preserve cash in the wake of disruptions caused by Covid-19,” he says.
The New York Times
· He Died at War. The Pandemic Gave Me Time to Grieve. →
Part of the reason was to preserve medical-grade masks for health care workers who desperately need them at a time when they are in continuously short supply.
· Boris Johnson wants to move on – but the next phase of easing the lockdown will be even tougher →
Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate.