“Pressure” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· China faces financial RUIN: Fresh COVID-19 outbreaks and severe flooding hit Beijing hard →
Zhao Qinghe, senior statistician at the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said on Friday: “Small companies continue to face pressure on both supply and demand.
· 'My mother was ordered to leave the Netherlands. I cried non-stop' →
They pressure you to leave
· Palladium Weekly: We Buy The Dips →
PALL has come under selling pressure since late July, reflecting some heavy resistance at $220 per share.
· Nuclear bailout tied to bribery scandal was years in making →
The question for state lawmakers who are under pressure to repeal the bailout is whether they’re willing to face another divisive debate — this time under the shadow of scandal — in order to find a new way to prop up the financially strapped nuclear plants.
· Five Biggest Takeaways From the NBA's Re-Opening So Far →
Russ also poured in 31 against Dallas, Westbrook is putting so much pressure on defenses by relentlessly attacking the rim and not settling for threes.
· Rules on outdoor mask wearing in effect for parts of France hardest hit by Covid-19 →
Pressure is growing on the government to mandate the use of masks outdoors nationwide.
· Victoria's move to a tougher lockdown is devastating but necessary →
The next six weeks are going to be a pressure test for the state’s economy.
· Ruth's Hospitality Group: Time To Take A Bite For The Value In These Bones →
A weaker-than-expected rebound of the U.S. and global economy could pressure consumer income levels and limit organic growth opportunities for Ruth Chris.
· Family: The battle over birth →
After two days of visceral, womb-wrenching contractions and a mounting pressure in her back that made her bum feel like it was about to explode, she retreated to the bathroom.