“Priority” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· First cruise to set sail post COVID-19 abruptly canceled due to outbreak →
“At Hurtigruten, safety always has been, and always will be, our number one priority,” the company says on a COVID-19 safety page on its website.
· The Pandemic Pricing Dilemma: A COVID-19 Vaccine At-Cost Or For Profit? →
Unlike other advance purchase agreements, vaccine candidates procured through the COVAX Facility will be distributed globally with priority to high-risk individuals such as healthcare workers.
· Pro-Biden super PAC launches new ad on Trump's pandemic leadership →
Priorities USA, a leading pro-Biden super PAC, will spend more than $1 million a week on its new ad on cable and broadcast television in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Arizona.
· Vaccine Confronts Humanity With Next Moral Test →
Within the U.S., Native-American communities are grievously affected, and therefore have a case for priority.
· 2020 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Updated Predictions After Early Training Camps →
Dual-threats like McCaffrey should always be the priority in the opening round, particularly in PPR formats.
The New York Times
· Toronto Tones Down Its Postseason Party →
Toronto is one of two sites hosting the N.H.L.’s postseason, a restart that came after a 140-day pause in play because of the coronavirus pandemic, but the league’s culminating tournament didn’t compel many locals to rearrange their priorities during the Simcoe Day holiday weekend.
· British and Irish Lions: Who will make the coaching staff to tour South Africa →
Gatland officially becomes Lions property later this month and the selection of a coaching team to take on the world champions is a major priority, with appointments expected by November.
· UK theatre boss fears backward step for diversity in Covid-19 arts rescue fund →
He said a priority for him would be to listen to the needs of artists and create a space for debate and action.
· Actively organise state-level Khelo India Games to identify talent: Kiren Rijiju to states →
The minister also stressed on the need for states to identify on priority their best sporting infrastructure for the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE).
· Sydney's planned M12 airport motorway deemed 'high priority' →
The M12 motorway has been deemed one of the nation’s highest priority projects by the federal government’s independent infrastructure adviser, piling pressure on the state and Commonwealth to deliver on the $1.8 billion road in the next five years.