“Private” in the news
|public and private|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Social Programs Can Sometimes Turn a Profit for Taxpayers →
On the other hand, some of the women stopped working, probably because they no longer needed employer-provided private health insurance, and this cost the government money.
· Banks sanctions about Rs 1.20 lakh crore loans to MSMEs under credit guarantee scheme →
The latest numbers on ECLGS, as released by the finance ministry, comprise disbursements by all 12 public sector banks (PSBs), 22 private sector banks and 21 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
· Spitfire tribute as UK says goodbye to WWII icon Vera Lynn →
A private funeral and cremation was held in the nearby coastal town of Brighton, with a military honour guard and a Royal Marines bugler.
· Will MLB's Testing Plan Sink Its Season? →
It’s true that relying on a single private lab means that MLB isn’t taking preexisting tests that would otherwise be used for the general public.
· Nord Stream 2 Could Sever Transatlantic Ties →
It’s a geopolitical project disguised as a private business deal.
· Slimmed down landlord licensing scheme proposed for Liverpool →
Landlord licensing schemes aim to ensure private rented housing is of a decent standard and provide an easier pathway for councils to punish rogue landlords.
· In private letter to Redskins, FedEx said it will remove signage if name isn’t changed →
The private letter is more detailed and pointed.
· Activist Judges Increasing Risk To Oil And Gas Companies →
The first example highlights the risk to exploration and production companies who lease federal minerals to develop, or who have federal minerals offsetting their fee (private) and state mineral leases, and must deal with federal regulations when pooling those federal leases in to their drilling and spacing units.
· What should graduates do in tough economic situation? These sectors may have an answer →
Millennials and Gen Z, globally, have been vocal about their passion for environment and social issues, and their frustration with governments and the private sector for not doing more.
· The Supreme Court just revoked Trump’s get-out-of-jail-free card →
The president’s private company, the Trump Organization, reimbursed Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen after Cohen made some of these payoffs from his own personal funds.