“Probe” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· US pointman on Iran hard line quits →
Hook rejected the findings of the report and Trump later sacked the inspector general, Steve Linick, who had also been conducting an unrelated probe into Pompeo.
· Stock Market Today With Jim Cramer: Sell Kodak Shares Now →
It was announced Tuesday that the SEC is probing Kodak after some peculiar trading before the deal was announced.
· What Lebanon needs to recover from the explosion →
Normally, government officials would undertake such a probe, but that’s just not an option in this case.
· Justice Department accuses Ukrainian oligarch of stealing billions from bank he once owned and laundering it in the U.S. →
Kolomoisky also has long been facing a criminal probe by the U.S. attorney’s office in Cleveland for possible money laundering.
· Macron calls for international probe into Beirut blast →
In asking for an international enquiry, he joined calls widely supported in and outside Lebanon for an independent probe, and said French investigators were on their way to Beirut.
· Macy’s Sued Over Use of Clearview Facial-Recognition Software →
The company announced plans to halt its Canadian operations last month after the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada launched a probe into whether Clearview AI collected and used personal data in its facial recognition tools without consent in February.
· On Beirut visit, Macron says aid to go 'directly to the people', relief groups →
Initial probes have pointed to a cargo of ammonium nitrate, which was abandoned in Beirut and exploded in a devastating fireball, as being the cause of the blast.
· Jim Cramer Says 'Get Out' of Kodak Stock →
People familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal of the probe.
· FBI probe led police to man found with gun, drugs and extreme porn in his house →
An FBI probe led police to a man who was found with a gun, drugs and extreme porn.
· Watch SpaceX launch its latest batch of Starlink satellites, with two hitchhiking spacecraft →
Typically, SpaceX has launched its Starlink probes in batches of 60, all by themselves.