· Himachal Pradesh: BJP chief Rajeev Bindal resigns amid allegations of corruption and bribery in Health department →
Bharatiya Janata Party’s Himachal Pradesh unit chief Rajeev Bindal has resigned from his post “on the basis of moral grounds” amid a corruption probe into the procurement of medical supplies by the state government.
· WA Parliament bombshell: Quigley reveals laptop could contain child exploitation material →
WA Attorney-General John Quigley has told Parliament an investigation is under way after allegations a laptop reviewed during a probe into the use of MPs' expenses may have contained child exploitation materials.
· Investigators scour Pakistan air crash site for clues and cockpit voice recorder →
Under international aviation rules, French investigators from the BEA - the French air safety investigation authority for civil aviation - have joined the Pakistan-led probe because the 15-year-old Airbus jet was designed in France.
· Ex-aide to L.A. council member confesses to massive bribery plot, implicates official →
The ongoing corruption probe has already swept up a real estate consultant, a political fundraiser and former City Council member Mitchell Englander, who faces up to five years in federal prison after pleading guilty to obstructing a public corruption investigation related to his acceptance of gifts — including cash, hotel rooms and expensive meals — from a developer during trips to Las Vegas and Palm Springs in 2017.
· Protesters in US city of Minneapolis call for arrest of police who killed a black man →
Georgia requests US justice department probe into killing of black jogger
· Trump order to enable punishment for social media - WP →
It also would look to channel complaints about political bias on the platforms to the Federal Trade Commission, which would be pushed to probe content moderation policies.
The Japan Times
· Trump set to sign executive order about social media amid Twitter row →
Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon face antitrust probes by federal and state authorities and a U.S. congressional panel.
· Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies - White House spokeswoman →
Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon face antitrust probes by federal and state authorities and a US congressional panel.
· (2nd LD) S. Korea to set up 500 bln-won fund for auto parts firms →
As part of measures to support auto parts firms, the government will suspend a probe into their imports for one year, Vice Finance Minister Kim Yong-beom told reporters.
· Arizona sues Google over claims it illegally tracked location of Android users →
YouTube settled with the FTC last year for violations of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), while Google is currently under investigation by all 50 state attorneys general and the subject of a broader antitrust probe led by the Justice Department.