“Professional” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Coty to Appoint Chairman Peter Harf as CEO to Spearhead Turnaround →
The company’s results for the most recent quarter, announced in May, showed that like-for-like sales fell 17% in the consumer beauty business, while the luxury unit reported a 26% decline and the professional beauty division fell 14%.
The New York Times
· Norman Lamm, 92, Dies; Rescued Yeshiva U. From Brink of Bankruptcy →
Jews who graduated from Yeshiva University in those years typically sought work as rabbis and Hebrew teachers, or went into commercial or professional fields that kept them within the Jewish world.
· Studying smarter? How learning may change post-Covid lockdown →
Legal is a self-learning profession; laws change all the time so professionals have to learn on-the-go.
The New York Times
· Your Monday Briefing →
Lawyers, bankers, professors and other professionals interviewed by The Times described a growing culture of fear in offices across Hong Kong.
· Coronavirus: Snooker becomes the first sport to return to live TV action in Britain →
Then the global lockdown took hold meaning the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) had to ensure all tour players were safe, not stranded in any part of the world and with financial packages in place for those struggling in any way.
· Advance Auto Parts Is On The Right Track →
AAP started as a DIY focused retailer; however, with the acquisition of GPI, it started changing its business model to focus on the consolidation of the fragmented DIFM (or professional) market.
· More than 2 million British travellers able to avoid 14-day quarantine after travelling abroad →
Yet many travellers can legally avoid the obligation, analysis of the list of professional exemptions drafted by the Home Office has shown.
· The Station: Amazon eyes Zoox, Aurora goes back to school and Cabana hits the road →
Welp … Audi fired Daniel Abt from its Formula E racing team after learning he had a professional sim driver race for him during a virtual competition called the “Race at Home Challenge” held last weekend.
· Racing at Newcastle leads way as professional sport returns →
Shortly after 1.05pm on Monday, one of a dozen horses will cross the winning line at Newcastle racecourse and racing will become the first major professional sport in Britain to log a result in its record books since the middle of March.
· Unlock 1.0: Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu to continue curbs on inter-state travel; Karnataka, Rajasthan, UP lift ban →
However, inter-state and intra-state movement of medical professionals, sanitation personnel and ambulances will be allowed, it said.