“Profit” in the news
|made a profit|
|make a profit|
|not for profit|
Publications and example sentences
· Capturing The Trend In Cryptocurrencies →
You need to have the courage and patience to ride out the trend and not take your profits too quickly.
· Newmont Corporation: Digging Into The Q1 Results →
As we can see from the chart below of annual earnings per share, Newmont is having a breakout year for profits in FY-2020, a bullish development.
· Walmart: Don't Chase The Rally →
As a result, profits rose by c. 3.9% Y/Y to $4.3bn for the quarter, which equates to a c. 4.8% margin (-31bps Y/Y).
The China Post
· Gucci, Saint Laurent seek radical redo of fashion calendars →
In a letter to Women’s Wear Daily last month, Armani said he found it “immoral” for luxury fashion to adopt the pace of fast fashion — the drive to deliver more in pursuit of profits “yet forgetting that luxury takes time, to be achieved and to be appreciated.” That has included moves toward see-now, buy-now capsule collections by some brands, running in direct opposition to his notions of “timeless elegance.”
· The Fed's Corporate Lending Facilities: A Case Of Pseudo Markets →
In a dynamic market economy, private investors have many options and will take prudent risks based on expected future profits.
· Why Entravision Communications Stock Could Be A Solid Play For Your Deep Value Portfolio →
On the other hand, SBGI and NXST have compounded as they gobbled up stations and maximized profits:
· Waste Management Is On Sale Due To COVID-19 →
As that happens, the business efficiencies and cost control steps will continue to spin of increased profits going forward as the economy stabilizes in the months and years to come.
· JOYY Inc.: Be Patient →
YY Live saw a revenue and profit decline due to COVID-19, but we don't believe this permanently impairs the business.
· Covid impact: Private banks set aside over 75% of operating profit as provisions in Q4 →
Top 10 private banks that have so far declared their results for the March quarter have set aside nearly 76% of their pre-provisioning operating profit as provisions during the quarter, showed data compiled by FE.
· Shopify Is Taking The E-Commerce World By Storm →
Figure 1 shows the evolution of revenue and gross profit over the last 3 years.