“Progressive” in the news
|progressive metal band|
|progressive rock band|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Will the Coronavirus Kill College Admissions Tests? →
“The Progressive Case for the SAT” [Jacobin]
· Venezuela health system 'grossly unprepared' for COVID-19 crisis →
According to the report, Venezuela's health system has collapsed amid shortages of medications and health supplies, interruptions of basic utilities at healthcare facilities, and the emigration of healthcare workers has led to a progressive decline in healthcare operational capacity.
· As a black man who's watched white Republicans fake outrage over Biden saying 'You ain't black', I need you to know this →
After Biden's remarks, some alleged progressives on Twitter have claimed they will sit out the 2020 election.
· Suriname opposition predicts election win after early results →
Suriname's main opposition leader Chandrikapersad Santokhi on Tuesday predicted victory for his Progressive Reform Party (VHP) in the country's legislative elections after 46 percent of the votes had been counted.
· Robert Frank’s radical idea →
Others — like his proposal to rebuild the tax system around a progressive consumption tax meant to curb the intra-wealthy competitions that drive inequality — would radically reshape vast swaths of the tax code.
· It looks like Amy Cooper, the white woman in the viral Central Park video, is a liberal. That's important →
Assuming that Amy Cooper is a white conservative Trump supporter desensitizes us to the ways in which even “progressive” white people protect their spaces from Black people.
· Prominent black women from Atlanta potential contenders for Biden's VP →
As Abrams remains a favorite of many progressive activists, Bottoms has gotten a prominent mention from influential black leaders like House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, who is close to Biden, and Biden campaign co-chairman Cedric Richmond.
· Google removes apps pushing far-right QAnon conspiracy theory →
As reported by Media Matters, a not-for-profit progressive research centre, which brought the applications’ violations of Google policies to the search giant’s attention, QMAP, Q Alerts!, and Q Alerts LITE were removed from the Android store.
· Atara Bio rallies on new ATA188 data in multiple sclerosis →
Updated data from a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating Atara Biotherapeutics' (NASDAQ:ATRA) ATA188 in patients with progressive forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) showed that it was well-tolerated across all four dose arms with dose-related responses and sustained improvements from month 6 to month 12 in participants who reached the 12-month time point.
· Here's an updated look at the most important House and Senate primaries to watch →
NY-16 Democratic primary: Progressive challenger and high school principal Jamaal Bowman hopes to topple longtime incumbent Rep. Eliot Engel.