“Progressive” in the news
|progressive metal band|
|progressive rock band|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· CIL logs 17% jump in composite opencast production in July, expects output to rise further →
CIL’s OBR alone in July 2020 surged by 23.1 per cent over the same month a year ago, and progressive July 2020 OBR growth jumped by 12.4 per cent.
· Arizona’s primaries could provide a hint as to whether Democrats can take the Senate →
Meanwhile, the Democratic primary in the Sixth Congressional District, which is potentially up for grabs in November, is shaping up to be a battleground over how the party moves forward, whether that means embracing a more progressive strategy (that’s perhaps politically riskier) or a potentially safer, more moderate approach.
· The Health 202: Hospitals must start paying back billions borrowed from government during pandemic →
“Its progressive residents generally have been inclined to follow the rules, and there’s a high level of trust in public health officials, local governments and the fast-changing science,” they write.
· What Joe Biden’s VP pick will tell us about Joe Biden →
He has quickly squelched ideas that might be popular on progressive Twitter but not with the general populace.
The New York Times
· What Has Changed Since George Floyd →
And some progressive critics of Campaign Zero argue that these reforms have been tried before and put too much faith in officers to abide by new rules.
· ‘If not now, when?’: Black women seize their moment in the political spotlight as Joe Biden set to name running mate →
When Stacey Abrams, a black progressive Democrat, ran for governor in 2018, she focused her campaign on women of colour.
The China Post
· Serbian parliament convenes after elections, amid protests →
Vucic’s ruling Serbian Progressive Party swept the June 21 parliamentary vote that was boycotted by several of the main opposition parties.
· Joe Biden’s Big, Bold, and Very Quiet Agenda →
Perceived as a moderate, he has embraced strikingly progressive goals without facing any political backlash.
The Japan Times
· Lee Teng-hui: An icon of Asian democracy →
Yet ever the renegade, he is credited with propelling Chen Shui-bian, a candidate from the pro-independence Democratic Progressive Party, into the presidency by endorsing Lien Chan as KMT candidate, knowing that it would split his own party.
The China Post
· 老外也捲入台灣政治？網酸蘇嘉全女婿接千萬訂單｜Swede entrepreneur denies receiving favors from Taiwan politician →
Democratic Progressive Party (DPP, 民進黨) legislator Su Chen-ching (蘇震清), nephew of Taiwan Secretary-General Su Jia-chyuan (蘇嘉全), was recently accused of allegedly accepting bribes to meddle with the management of the SOGO franchise.