“Prosecutor” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Appeals court affirms doctor’s jail term for money laundering, abetting to commit forgery →
Dr Hamimah was represented by lawyer Harvinderjit Singh, while deputy public prosecutor Datuk Mohd Dusuki Mokhtar appeared for the prosecution.
· Prosecution requests arrest warrant for ex-mayor over alleged sexual assault →
BUSAN, May 28 (Yonhap) -- Prosecutors on Thursday sought an arrest warrant against a former mayor of South Korea's second-largest city over alleged sexual assault.
The China Post
· ‘Master Thief’ burglar hopes to catch break on sentence →
Federal prosecutors take a different view.
· Now a group of former Bar Council heads demand proper explanation from AG over Riza Aziz’s ‘perplexing’ DNAA decision →
“After charges are laid, Section 92 is no longer applicable, and only the AG qua Public Prosecutor has carriage of the matter.
· How to think about polarization on Facebook →
Facebook ran a multi-year charm offensive to develop friendly relationships with powerful state prosecutors who could use their investigative powers to harm the company’s revenue growth.
· Selangor state rep to be probed for alleged violation of Aidilfitri SOP →
(Findings of) the preliminary investigation will be sent to the public prosecutor for further instruction,” he said in a statement here today.
The New York Times
· Couple Bilked Medicaid for $13 Million to Pay for Lavish Lifestyle, U.S. Says →
Latisha and Timothy Harron spent the money on a private jet, shopping sprees at Tiffany, wine and clothes that they flaunted on social media, prosecutors said.
· Discharge not amounting to an acquittal for Riza Aziz: Please tell us why? — Group of former presidents of the Malaysian Bar →
We are mindful that the wording of Section 92(1) to (4) suggests or envisages that a compound may be applicable, and may be offered by the “competent authority or relevant enforcement agency”, albeit with the consent of the Public Prosecutor, only before a person has been prosecuted.
The New York Times
· Hong Kong Security Plan Is Approved, Tightening China's Hold →
But Beijing will still rely on the Hong Kong police and prosecutors to make arrests and charge offenders, he said.
· 'No last I love you': victim's daughter speaks at Qld's first industrial manslaughter sentencing →
Work Health and Safety prosecutor Aaron Guilfoyle said an investigation found the company had no safety systems and no traffic management plan.