“Protect” in the news
|designed to protect|
|order to protect|
Publications and example sentences
· 'Justice will be served!': Trump weighs in on George Floyd case →
· Salon owner barring meat factory workers speaks out: It’s nothing personal →
A group of senators is pressing the Department of Justice to explain what it’s doing to protect youth in juvenile detention facilities from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
· Can we hug? How to navigate physical distancing as lockdowns ease →
“If these are our loved ones, [you can protect] them by not coming in and giving hugs.”
· Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV) CEO Steve Miller on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We will continue to remain dedicated to protecting the health of our employees and customers.
· Rebuild Pakatan, not go headless chicken →
Umno drew a deep wedge into Pakatan and split it by accusing it of a gross failure to protect Malays, whether in leadership or ownership.
The New York Times
· ‘On the Record’ Review: A Black Woman’s View of #MeToo →
When the harassment began, she thought her talent would protect her from danger.
· 'Move on' says British PM, as row over adviser Cummings persists →
Yvette Cooper, an opposition Labour lawmaker, said the prime minister was more interested in “trying to protect Dominic Cummings” than giving straight answers.