|provincial electoral district||地方選挙区|
The New York Times
· Protests Rock Russian Far East With Calls for Putin to Resign →
He is one of Russia’s few provincial leaders not affiliated with political forces entirely controlled by the Kremlin.
· New Zealand owes Australia nothing: Hansen fires up in Super Rugby debate →
Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan made it clear during the week that Australia would not be bullied by its trans-Tasman neighbour on the creation of the next provincial rugby competition.
· Official: Roadside bomb kills 6 Afghan civilians in east →
KABUL, Afghanistan — At least six civilians, including women and children, were killed when the vehicle they were traveling in hit a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan, a provincial official said Saturday.
· China's southern Jiangxi declares highest flood alert →
Provincial authorities expect severe regional flooding in Poyang, China's largest freshwater lake which connects to the Yangtze, state television said.
The China Post
· Turkey amends laws to allow multiple lawyer associations →
Officials say the amendment ensures “justice in representation,” requiring all provincial association to send an equal number of delegates and an additional delegate for every 5,000 lawyers.
· Turkish parliament passes disputed bar associations law →
Opponents say it will strengthen small provincial bars at the expense of the large associations in the main cities.
· Uzair Baloch, the Pakistan People’s Party, and the 18th Constitutional Amendment →
For a long time, the PTI’s federal government has been planning to review the 18th amendment, raising fears of shrinking provincial autonomy.
· Indonesia Seeks to Win US and Japanese Investment Fleeing China →
Shortly thereafter, Jokowi instructed the country’s provincial governments to hastily make preparations to grab opportunities from corporate migrations out of China.
· Boris Johnson should not be making new global enemies when the country is in such a shambles →
They espouse a self-aggrandising populist nationalism that is provincial in its attitude towards the rest of the world and Britain’s position in it.
The China Post
· Russian court jails governor facing murder charges →
MOSCOW (AP) — A court in Moscow ruled Friday to jail a provincial governor pending a probe on charges of his involvement in multiple murders.