|provincial electoral district||地方選挙区|
· Islamic State jihadists on the run after Afghan prison raid →
Nangarhar provincial governor's spokesman Attaullah Khogyani confirmed many prisoners were still missing, but couldn't say how many were IS members.
· Mary Trump has a stark warning about the political ambitions of Ivanka and Don Jr – and the possibility of a Trump dynasty →
When asked if Donald Trump would flee to one of his international properties to avoid prosecution, she said such a possibility would be “freaky” because her uncle is “so provincial”.
· More than a century before the 19th Amendment, women were voting in New Jersey →
In the summer of 1776, the colonies were about to collectively declare independence, and the Provincial Congress in Trenton was in a rush to write a state constitution.
· Trump views China’s Communist Party as a threat. Young Chinese see it as a ticket to a better future. →
Wang Wei, a professor at the Hunan provincial branch of the Communist Party School, said Pompeo’s comments revealed the Trump administration’s worry about China eclipsing the United States.
The China Post
· Short and long-term plan for HouJin River regulation: Promoting tourism in the riverfront area →
In addition, renovations of the waterfront area from New Provincial Highway 17 to the riverbank of Yicyun Bridge, including riverside trail, hedgerows, nodes, and murals, will be carried out soon.
The New York Times
· ‘Looking for Miss America’ Tells the History of the Legendary Pageant →
Her ascendancy to the status of actual famous person made winning Miss America seem provincial in comparison.
· Race-by-race tips and preview for Canterbury on Wednesday →
He’s been excellent in two of his three provincial starts to date and did show improvement when up in distance last time.
· U.S. ambassador expresses sympathy for S. Koreans affected by torrential rains →
Torrential rains have pounded the greater Seoul and central provincial areas since late last week, causing massive flooding and landslides that have damaged roads and buildings and left more than 1,000 people displaced.
· Diesel sales fall amid new wave of lockdowns; normalcy unlikely in near future →
Provincial and local governments have been imposing mini-lockdowns in recent weeks as the pandemic spreads from major cities into the hinterlands, while hikes in fuel taxes may have also curbed consumption.
The Japan Times
· ‘Gnarly’ tumor shows dinosaurs also got cancer →
WASHINGTON – When scientists first unearthed fossils of a horned dinosaur called Centrosaurus in the badlands of Dinosaur Provincial Park in Canada’s Alberta province in 1989, they spotted a badly malformed leg bone they figured was a healed fracture.