“Public” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Street artist Banksy reveals new artwork examining George Floyd death and protests →
The Hoke County Sheriff's Officer will escort Floyd's body for the service, which is to include a public viewing from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cape Fear Conference B in Raeford, about 24 miles from Fayetteville.
· Bruno Latour: 'This is a global catastrophe that has come from within' →
The public are learning a great deal about the difficulty of statistics, about experiment, about epidemiology.
· Ministers refuse to reveal target of new RAF killer drone missions →
“If released, the information would provide the public with greater understanding of the operations of Reaper.
The New York Times
· Japan's Coronavirus Numbers Are Low. Are Masks the Reason? →
The surgeon general of the United States implored the public in a tweet to “STOP BUYING MASKS!” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention initially said it was not necessary to wear one if I wasn’t sick.
· U.S. IPO Week Ahead: Vroom Takes The Lead In A 3-IPO Week →
The Renaissance IPO Indices are market cap weighted baskets of newly public companies.
· George Floyd memorial in North Carolina as sheriff's officers escort his body →
A public viewing is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cape Fear Conference B in Raeford, about 24 miles from Fayetteville.
· Iranian wedding party fueled new COVID-19 surge, president says →
China advised the public to avoid traveling to Australia on Friday, citing racial discrimination and violence in connection with the coronavirus pandemic.
· Facebook employees say they are ‘caught in an abusive relationship’ with Trump as internal debates over George Floyd protests rage →
Although some Facebook employees have taken to public forums such as Twitter to express their displeasure, the internal poll and the documents show just how widely and quickly their dissent and discontent has spread about Mr Zuckerberg’s decision to double down on allowing unfettered speech by politicians on the platform.