· Football: China coach Li Tie wants discipline to improve fortunes →
China, who have reached the World Cup only once, in 2002, face the Maldives in their next 2022 qualifier.
· Lilian Thuram: 'My classmates judged me because of my skin colour' →
But surely the terrible scenes in Bulgaria the week before our interview, when England’s players were racially abused throughout their Euro 2020 qualifier, are evidence the situation has deteriorated?
· Let Malaysia’s Under-18 squad start training earlier, says team manager →
The AFC Under-19 championship is the qualifier for the 2021 Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Indonesia and the national Under-18 squad hopes to be the first Malaysian side to qualify on merit.
· Raymond Goethals: Marseille's messiah who toppled mighty Milan →
Johan Cruyff’s team failed to score home or away against Belgium in the qualifiers for the 1974 World Cup and would not have made it to the tournament if a perfectly good last-minute goal by Belgium in Amsterdam had not been wrongly ruled out for offside.
· Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on sports events around the world →
* CONCACAF suspended all competitions, including the Champions League and men's Olympic qualifiers.
· China's football team 'more united' under COVID-19 →
China's next qualifier, against the Maldives, has been postponed because of the pandemic but could now take place this autumn.
· Coronavirus: What sporting events are affected by the pandemic? →
The Confederation of African Football has postponed two rounds of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers scheduled for March 25-31.
· China’s football team ‘more united’ under Covid-19 →
China’s next qualifier, against the Maldives, has been postponed because of the pandemic but could now take place this autumn.