“Quarter” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Bursa remains at six-month high in early trade →
Overseas, investors will digest a barrage of corporate earnings releases from the US, of which analysts are predicting -44.6 per cent year-on-year in earnings contraction for the second quarter 2020.
· The oil cartel confronts the pandemic dilemma →
On some estimates, stocks grew by nearly two million barrels a day in the June quarter, the biggest rate of increase since the data was first collected in the mid 1950s.
· Yamana Gold: I Remain Bullish After Preliminary Q2 2020 Results →
In the second quarter, the company had to deal with ramping up operations at Canadian Malartic and Cerro Moro which were hit by virus containment measures, so it’s especially interesting to see how the company completed this task.
· Most bond experts eye BOK rate freeze in July: poll →
In late May, the central bank slashed its policy rate by a quarter percentage point to a record low of 0.50 percent in a bid to help cushion the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Better food for world’s poor could hike climate-changing emissions, says UN report →
In Indonesia, more than a third of children under five are stunted and a quarter of all adults are overweight or obese.
· Nathan's Famous: Increased Risk And Limited Upside Signal That It's Time To Sell →
We believe that Nathan’s Famous will see a tremendous decrease in revenue figures over the next few quarters, and economic factors pose great challenges for the company to not only grow in the short-term but sustain its current financial figures.
· (News Focus) Pandemic-hit movie industry banks on summer rebound →
Brokerage houses also chimed in by saying that the cinema industry bottomed out in the second quarter, and the July-August season is likely to be a crucial juncture for the cinema multiplexes' rebound, they said.
· Comcast: Elbowing Its Way Into The Streaming Wars →
Effectively, the company lost 409,000 subscribers in the past quarter, but it hiked prices by 4.1% leading to flat revenue growth.
· Virus-hit Singapore plunges into recession as economy shrinks 41% →
Singapore plunged into recession in the second quarter as growth fell 41.2 percent quarter-on-quarter with the trade-dependent economy hammered by the coronavirus, preliminary data showed Tuesday.
· Singapore economy enters recession, Q2 GDP plunges record 41.2pc →
SINGAPORE, July 14 — Singapore’s economy slipped into recession in the second quarter, contracting by a record 41.2 per cent from the previous three months and is facing its biggest slump ever this year as coronavirus lockdown steps hammer the trade-reliant city-state.